Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We didn't get the house

And I'm majorly bummed.

Also a little ticked at the underwriter. The reasons he gave, they could have told us five weeks ago, instead of dragging it out. They kept telling us if-this, and if-that, and making us jump thru hoops, just to tell us "no" based on information they had from the beginning.

So our contract on our the house will expire tomorrow. Our realtor feels bad for the situation, so he's gonna try to get our earnest money ($500) refunded to us. He's also coming over Friday to discuss our next steps.

FireMan is ready to give up, focus on paying off bills & building up savings, make some additional small improvements on the house, and wait until mid-2011, when my bankruptcy will be far enough past that it shouldn't matter any more for home loans.

I am done, done, DONE with the house we're living in. Done. Did I mention I'm D-O-N-E?

We do need to figure out what to do though. Our house is still on the market, but what the heck are we supposed to do with three adults, three dogs, and two cats if we don't have a new house lined up to move into? And what should I do with all the stuff I've boxed up? I really don't want to unpack it only to find another house, get it, and have to re-pack everything. But I also don't want things to stay packed in boxes if we're gonna be in this house for months more.

And before anyone says it, yes, I know FireMan's idea is more practical. So is his idea of living in this house forever and having it paid off in 14 years.

But I am done. This house has been a thorn in my side since I met FireMan, before I ever moved in. One thing after another, and I am done. Besides the personal emotional stuff, it's not practical in the long term. The house is situated on a hill, and there is no way to get into the house without either going up a flight of stairs or navigating down a short but steep hill. To give you an idea, after I had FireGirl, and was suffering from so many complications, FireMan had to park in the front yard so I could get from the house to the car, because I couldn't navigate the stairs or the hill. Plus I already have a bad back. So what's gonna happen when we're old & gray and have a hard time getting around at all? It just not practical. Besides which, I'd really like to have a more accessible, flatter yard that FireGirl can play in without us having to carry her up & down hills, or always be worried that if she makes it to the top of the hill (she already has once), that she'll slip and roll all the way to the bottom. It's just not family-friendly.

So I am done. I just don't know what to do from here.

1 comment:

Steph{anie} said...

I'm sorry about your house. I can only imagine how disappointing that must be, especially when you want to move so badly. I have a feeling that something even better will come your way at a better time; maybe you'll find a better price, better location, etc.

God has been teaching me a lot lately that I need to be content where I'm at and not wish for things I don't have at the moment. Maybe He thinks you need the same sucky lesson :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...