Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God Speaks

Over the weekend, I was asking God about our house situation. According to our contract we're supposed to close by June 30th, and it was getting closer & closer, with no definitive word from our bank yet.

The answer I got was "Just do it. It'll be fine."

Okay. Fine. Done.

And then... Monday comes. The bank calls with three different loan options. All of them are no good for us. I'm starting to wonder how it's gonna be fine.

And then today comes. FireMan calls the bank back. Oh, they forgot to tell us about this one option. Which is, of course, just perfect for us. We should have our closing date set by the end of today.

And yesterday, I was praying about some of the issues going on in my life. Again, God spoke: "Wait. Just wait".

Okay God. I get it. I've been trying to do it all myself. To fix everything. To be everything. And I can't. I mean, literally, I can't. It's impossible.
I've been relying too much on myself. Or trying to anyway. I need to give it over to God. I can't do it all. I can't fix it all. Without Him, I can't do anything.
It's His. We are His. And so our problems are His. And more often than not, His timing is not our timing. So I need to wait. Just wait.
Let God do His work. And wait.

1 comment:

Steph{anie} said...

This sounds a lot like what I've been wrestling with. I feel like I have to fix everything and figure everything out. The funny thing is, when I let God work out the details, things go so much smoother. I feel 'ya! Praying for you :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...