Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dear Friend;

Sometimes, it's not about you.

I cannot count the number of times I have been there for you, for problem after problem, crisis after crisis. How many times I have given you advice, on relationships, money, work, friendships, whatever. How many times I have dropped whatever I was doing, even getting up in the middle of the night, to be there for you.

And now that I have some issues, and need an ear, I really do not appreciate you pretending to be all interested, asking me to call you after my therapy session so we can talk about how it went, then hi-jacking the conversation so you can talk about your latest issue. I've been going thru some serious stuff. And yes, you listened to me thru a couple of phone calls. But that does not mean that I'm done. This does not mean that you can hi-jack a conversation that's supposed to be about me.

It's my turn now. That's what friends are for. I'm there for you during your crises. Now it's your turn to be there for me.

I understand this probably was not intentional. So, please, just be more cognizant of it in the future. Please?

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

1 comment:

Steph{anie} said...

Have I told you how much I love this blog??? I think about having conversations like this with people all the time! Must be because I'm so sarcastic. I can imagine it feels good to vent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...