Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dear Friends (??):

Friend Couple #1, I like you. I really do. I enjoy spending time with you. Our kids get along well.

Friend Couple #2, I like you. I really do. I enjoy spending time with you. Our kids get along well.

What I don't like, is that it is painfully obvious that we are your "B-list" friends.

Take last night, for example. We invite you, FC #1, over for a cookout. Great. Haven't seen you in a while. It would be nice to catch up. And guess who you invited? That's right, FC #2.

See, this happens every time.

First of all, we're always the ones who ask you guys to do something. Always.

Secondly, you always invite FC #2. Always. I don't remember the last time we hung out with you without FC #2.

Why does this bother me? Mostly because, according to the info you've made public on your Facebook pages, you four get together all. the time. And you know what? You have never once asked us to join the four of you. Not once.

It seems to me that the four of you would rather hang out together without us, and I'm starting to think that the only reason you ever even hang out with us is because we ask you, so you feel obligated.

Please don't. Because I would rather be "dumped" than be treated like a B-list friend. And so, quite frankly, I would dump you if it were up to me. But FireMan really likes you guys, and can't bring himself to give up on you. Yet. I think he's getting tired of it too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...