Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WishList Wednesday


Well, my first wished-for item should be no surprise. I wish we had this house.

if you want more details on how the house-buying adventure is going, check out my other blog:

I wish I had my very own, brand new laptop.

I haven't done any research yet. This is just a pic I found online. All I know is I want one that's mine. Not FireMan's. Not my work's. Mine. And one that can Skype.

I wish I had a DSLR camera.

Again, I haven't really done any research or picked one out yet, but I have convinced myself that I could take much better pics if I had a DSLR camera.
And one that I don't have to share either. It's just that FireMan really likes taking pics (so do I!), so when we're together we both want to have a camera, and one of us ends up "losing" and not getting to take pics.

And as always, I wish I had more time.

It just seems like lately there isn't enough time in the day, and I'm always having to pick & choose what I get done. I'd like to get it all done.

Another alternative, would be that I wish I had more energy.
Not trying to make any sort of political statement by using this cartoon, just sometimes I feel like the blue-world guy, being crushed by my obligations in life.
So more energy would be good. Would help with the time issue. Seems like lately if I do have some moments of "free" time (as if time were truly free), I'm so exhausted I still don't get anything done. Even better, sometimes I pass out on the couch. I'm famous for "I'll just watch the news until the next commercial, then get up and .... Zzzzzzzzzzz..................."

So those are my wishes for this Wednesday. What are yours?

2 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

I have a Canon Rebel XS and I love it. If you're not in a hurry, I'm seriously thinking about selling it when I can scrape up the money to upgrade. It is a great entry level camera and what I do all my client shoots with.

Jene said...

I'm sure you've already heard this, but you're not really going to get better pictures with a DSLR unless you're willing to put in the time and effort to learn how to use it properly. In the auto and program modes it functions exactly the same as a regular point-and-shoot, and at this point the megapixels available in P&S models are pretty high. Having a higher number won't matter unless you're going to be blowing things up larger than poster size.

Just my two cents, since I did get a DSLR and I've already put a couple hundred hours of time into learning how to use it. If you're already strapped for time it might not be the best investment. Sure, you can just use the auto and program modes, but at that point just save yourself the $$ and buy a P&S.

Good luck with the house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...