Friday, July 9, 2010

Results

Yesterday I weighed in at Weight Watchers. I'm down a total of 3.6 lbs in four weeks! Yay!

Now, I'm not gonna lie. I have not been nearly as good about tracking my points as I really should be. Not nearly. In fact, when I weigh in and the number goes down, I'm a little surprised. I felt like I was doing "better" when I was trying to follow my trainer's eating plan.

But then it dawned on me yesterday. I've been weaning off of the Lexapro. Finally. So far, so good. I've only taken two pills in two weeks. And then I realized. I started weaning off of it right about the same time I started WW.

So, has my weight loss been because of WW? or because I'm weaning off of a med that has been known to cause unexplained weight gain & difficulty losing weight?

Well... I think it's a combination of both. My theory is that now that I'm weaning off of the meds, my body is able to react to my efforts the way that it should, and so is finally, slowly, beginning to drop the weight.

Slowly can be frustrating, but I remind myself that the last time I lost a significant amount of weight I averaged only 1/2 a pound a week. But I kept the majority of the weight off until I got pregnant. I'd rather take longer to lose it, and keep it off, than lose it all in a couple of months then put it right back on.

On a semi-related note, I'm starting to see results with my workouts as well. My trainer still kicks my butt, but... I'm able to use bigger weights than before. When I first started, I never used more than 15 lb weights. Last night the lightest one I used was 20 lbs.

Improvements. Results.

Feels good.

1 comment:

Steph{anie} said...

I wish I had your motivation! I'm so frustrated with my weight but can't seem to make the changes I know are necessary to do anything about it. You're awesome for working so hard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...