Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dearest Neighbors:

I love Independence Day. Love it. One of my favorite holidays. Really, it is. Love the picnics, love the parties, love all the activities, love the music, love the fireworks. Really do.

And so, you would think I would usually be much more tolerant of you shooting off large amounts of fireworks for hours on end.

Even though it makes FireDog #1 go nuts and try to eat thru the door. Even though it took several hours to get FireGirl to bed because of the ongoing booms.

But I'm not that tolerant this year. Not at all. You know why? Because you have been letting off fireworks intermittently since May. For two months now I have had to deal with a freaked out giant dog and a can't sleep little girl at least once every couple of weeks because you were shooting off fireworks. And it's getting really old. So the four hours that you have been shooting off fireworks tonight (four hours, really?!?), is really annoying me. Not the least reason of which is because I  highly doubt you really even care about why people shoot off fireworks on July 4th, as much as you care about getting another chance to keep your neighbors up.

If I knew exactly which neighbor you were, I'd say something. Politely, of course. But as I have a toddler sleeping in the next room, I can't exactly go trolling the neighborhood, can I?

So I'm letting you know. Since it's the holiday, I'll tolerate the fireworks tonight & tomorrow night. And on any other holiday, and maybe even holiday weekend, that comes up. But the next time you decide to shoot them off on some random day, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to request a patrol car to come thru & ask you to stop.

I'm glad you enjoy your fireworks. And I'm glad you're so happy about, whatever, that you want to shoot them off. But you live in a subdivision, and you really need to be more considerate of how you might be disturbing your neighbors.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

1 comment:

Steph{anie} said...

Oh my word, our redneck neighbors were doing the same thing! It has been going on for a couple weeks and I'd love to pay them a visit (I'm too chicken to do it though)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...