Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Invisible is Invisible"

"Am I afraid that my husband doesn't value the inside me more than the outside me? To be honest, I'm not sure he values any of me, inside or out. Invisible is invisible. I have actually thought that if my husband can't see me, maybe I should find one who can... I mean, is this what I signed on for?"page 15

What words of despair! To feel like the one you love, the one you committed your life to, the one that is the other half of you doesn't value you at all! How sad!

And yet... I can relate totally.

In fact, that last line... I've said that almost word for word. "This isn't what I signed up for!" Yep. Those words have come out of my mouth once or twice. And they've rolled around in my head a lot more than that.

There is a modicum of comfort in realizing that you're not alone in feeling this way. As sad as it is, there's some comfort in realizing that maybe it's normal to feel this way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...