Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Basics About Me

So, it's come to my attention lately that there are some people in my life that don't know some basics about me and my beliefs. And understanding some of these is essential to understanding how I tick / why I do some of the things I do.

So, here we go. I know some of them some people consider controversial, but this is my blog, so... it's about what I think / feel / believe, not a message board for a discussion group. Feel free to leave a comment if you like, but don't expect to start a discussion. At least, not on this blog.

I'm gonna brief them here, and plan to provide additional detail in future posts. Other than the first one, which is the most important, they are in no particular order. So, here we go.

The only way to heaven is by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord & Saviour.
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  -- John 14:6

Life begins at conception."Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb,..."  -- Isaiah 44:2a
At the moment of conception a new life is formed. The scientific world calls it a "zygote". This life contains chromosomes from both parents, which together determine its physical identity. It is a separate being living within the mother's womb. Since the two conceiving parties are both human, there can be no denial that at the moment of conception a new human life has begun.

Every person is equal. However, equal does not mean same.Equal -> having the same value
Same -> having identical identity

The act of homosexuality is wrong."For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: ...And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; ..."  Romans 1:26a,27a
The primary reason for sex in any mammal is procreation. Biologically, it is impossible to procreate via homosexual acts.

Sexual activity between a husband & wife is for both procreation and for intimacy.
"Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife."  -- I Corintians 7:3-4

We are all sinners. No man is is without sin."For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"  -- Romans 3:23
Note the word "all". There is no exception made for religious leaders / zealots. We have ALL sinned.

The husband is to be the head of the home."Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"  -- Ephesians 5:22, 25
A wife's submission to her husband is also contingent on her husband behaving toward her in a loving manner. One does not work without the other.

Okay, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Like I said, I plan to go into each in further detail in the future. But at least now you get the basics.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Love it! Thanks for laying it out there; so many people are hesitant to share what they believe.

Candace said...

Preach it sista!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...