Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh, what we do for love... of our children, that is

I went to see my Ob today. I'm still having some complications from my Labor & Delivery (L&D). It's kinda personal, and really TMI, so I'm not going to go into details.

Basically, he thinks/hopes it can be fixed with what amounts to at home physical therapy, sort of. If that doesn't work, then I will need to consult with a surgeon. Nice.

Since I hadn't started my blog until months after FireGirl was born, obviously I've never written about my experience here.
It was bad. Traumatic really. And by traumatic I mean emotionally & physically traumatic. I was hospitalized for nearly a week, and ended up at the ER just four days after being discharged. Follow up appointments several times a week for about a month.

So here I am 10 months later and still have complications. My ob also gave me the heads up that if surgery is needed, that they usually prefer to wait until after the patient is done having children (I'm not), because there's a high likelihood of repeating the injury during subsequent L&Ds. Nice.

Oh, what we go thru for our babies. Of course, as long as the end result were still my precious FireGirl, I'd do it all again. Hundredfold. I'd go to the ends of the earth, to Hell and back, for that sweetie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...