Thursday, August 20, 2009

Newport Aquarium








FireMan & I took FireGirl to the aquarium for the first time last night. She loved it. She would grunt and reach toward the fish like she was trying to grab them. Definitely had more luck with the bigger animals. And luckily there were plenty of them, and they were active.

I think her favorite part was on the way out, you can look down into the HUGE tank that has the sharks, rays, turtles, etc. The animals were being very active, and we had a good view. She was just watching them all go by.
I'm thinking that was easier for her to understand - looking down into the water. When we're looking into the water from the side, or all around like in the tunnel, I'm not sure she knows what to think about that. She seemed a little unsure.

My favorite part was the otters. They are so cute! Playing and fighting and rolling all over each other and all thru the water. Adorable!

FireMan got the nectar to feed the birds. That was pretty neat, but I think they'd already had their fill for the day. Weren't too interested. I was hoping to get one or two closer so FireGirl could be more involved, but they wouldn't budge.

All in all, it was a great night.

1 comment:

Dreams Do Come True said...

I loved the Newport Aquarium. When we went the divers were diving and got in a pic with us with us standing by the tank.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...