Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stupid Hormones

Debated whether or not to post this, because it's kinda personal. But then I realized it's part of the journey that I'm sharing with you, and I know there are others out there with similar experiences, so... here goes:

I have no sex drive.

Ever since I stopped birth control, I have virtually no interest in sex. At all.

This is unusual for me. I normally have (what I have been told is) a very high sex drive (for a woman). Now? Meh.

Not really interested. Not as enjoyable as it used to be. At no fault of my loving hubs.

I was confused for a while, then I realized it must be the hormone changes from stopping birth control.

Kind of ironic, isn't it? Trying to conceive, but no interest in the act needed to conceive.

On another stopping-birth-control note, I've gained three pounds since I stopped it. Despite starting a new exercise routine, cutting down on my portions, eating more fruits & veggies, and taking the meds my endocrinologist has me on for my metabolic disorder.

I shouldn't be surprised. The last time we were TTC I gained 14 lbs in the six weeks from when I stopped birth control to when I got pregnant. I remember my Ob/Gyn telling me it was normal, and I probably would have lost it just as easily over the next few months if I hadn't gotten pregnant so quickly. I guess we'll see, huh?

Ugh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...