Friday, April 12, 2013

I have very few clothes that fit

I know my doctors say it's "normal" and if will probably go down on its own over the next few months.

I can't wait that long. I'm sick of it.

Also - I have very few clothes that fit.

So today I started Visalius Shakes. So, to be clear, I'm doing a modified verson. Basically I don't eat breakfast before I leave the house, then I take two shakes to work for breakfast & lunch during the work week.

I eat a normal dinner & eat normally on the weekends.

This is spurred mostly by my desire for my daughter to not see me drinking my meals. I just feel (and I have no scientific basis for this, this is just my momma gut) that at such a young age if she sees me on such a strict diet it will mess with her head & her body image. Does that make sense?

The truth is I really wanted to check out our local hospital's medically supervised weight loss program. The same hospital my endocrinologist works out of. The same hospital that has all of my medical records. But the first step is a mandatory informational session, and the next one I can attend isn't for six weeks. And I refuse to wait that long to do something. So I scheduled for the info session, and started this in the mean time.

I just had to do something. I've gained so much weight in such a short time. And I feel bloated all the time, and I'm miserable. I can't just wait for my body to normalize it's hormones. With my history, and not being able to take meds while I'm trying, that may never happen.

BTW - I did go ahead & take some "before" pics, but I'm not posting them unless this works, so... we'll see :)

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

Good luck with the shakes! A lot of people have good luck with meal replacement shakes, especially when they're packed full of nutrients.

I have never been a person who has been able to maintain the shakes for longer than a couple days. I've figured out that not eating "real" food makes me want to overeat even more.

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

I say whatever makes you feel good about yourself, healthy and happy is worth a try.
I wish you the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...