Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm back !!!

Well, after a month of not writing an original post (hope I kept you entertained with my pics & quotables), I'm back.

It feels good.

I missed blogging terribly. I cannot tell you how many times I thought "I should really blog about this". But I didn't. I didn't even write down the ideas. I didn't create draft posts. Nothing, until today.

It was more difficult than I thought it would be. Blogging really has become such a positive outlet for me. It's therapeutic, it connects me to others. I enjoy it. But sometime during the first week I promised I wouldn't post an original post until at least Oct 1. And so here we are.

As far as the other forms of social media that I limited during this time, I was surprised to have mixed reactions to their absence.

Facebook I missed a lot. That surprised me. Even though I kept up with infrequent checks & posts (at first), I found I really missed the connections I have there. A lot.

I haven't been on the message boards in... probably right around a month. And I don't miss it one bit. That surprised me as well. I've met a lot of awesome people on those boards, and have been a regular poster on them for over 4 years. I guess I thought I would miss it more. I'm not gonna cancel my account yet, but... right now I don't see myself going back.

Twitter, well, I'm still figuring Twitter out anyway. It has a strange effect on me. I didn't really miss it, until I checked in. Then I saw all the posts I'd missed, and I felt like I was missing out on it all. But even when I started getting on more, I still felt like I was missing so much. I'm starting to think that unless you just sit around all day with your Twitter open, you're just not cool in Tweetville.
as I typed it, I realized that "sit around all day with your Twitter open" sounds a little dirty. But I like it, so I'm not changing it
and I totally made up "Tweetville", because I'm not cool enough to know what you're supposed to call the land o' Twitter


But it was my blog that I missed most of all. I suspect ya'll might notice some changes to my postings, with how I write. Nothing major, as I insist on this avenue of communication to remain true to myself. But a few. Hopefully this exercise will help me express more of my true self.

I'm also debating how frequently to post from here on out. Daily may have been a bit much. Or not.

For those of you who stuck around, thank you.
For anyone who recently found my blog, welcome.

I hope you all are doing well. I missed you.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am glad you are back. I did enjoy your pictures, and quotes, but it's not the same. Welcome back!

Marianne said...

Welcome back! I missed you!

FYI, my Twitter account has been hacked twice since I opened it. It is now closed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...