Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fingerprints (a.k.a. Sometimes I'm Intentional About Not Cleaning)

I finally cleaned the television screen. But only because we were having a party and I thought the smudges might inhibit our guests' view of the show. Because prior to that I had no legitimate reason to get rid of the tiny finger- and hand-prints that covered the screen.

Daily reminders of how tiny she was just a few months earlier, how tiny she still is, and how quickly she is growing.

Of course, I couldn't wipe them away without snapping a few pictures of those tiny fingerprints first.




FireMan keeps telling me he's cleaning the front window. I keep telling him not before I take pictures of her handprints first.

It hasn't been cleaned yet in a year.

I think he's starting to understand my crazy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Fun craft idea to save those memories. I give my kids a white canvas let them paint all over it, then after it dries paint their hand in either white or a dark color and put their hand prints, name, and date on it. It makes great artwork for the walls and great memories to look back on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...