Friday, March 22, 2013

Slumber Party



Last Friday night, Jena & I had a slumber party, just the two of us. Playing games, dressing in matching PJs, eating "snacky food", watching Netflix until the wee hours of the morning, and sleeping on the couch.

I hesitated sharing this pic, because you can clearly see our mess in the living room.

But... I don't care. I don't care about the mess.

Why?

Because I highly doubt my daughter will remember the mess.

But I do not doubt that she will remember that I gave her my undivided attention for an entire night, that we played any game she wanted, watched whatever show she wanted. That we went shopping just so she could get any snack she wanted (even the forbidden potato chips - rarely seen in our house), that I obliged in wearing matching PJs, that when she argued that we can't sleep in beds during a slumber party, we have to sleep on the couch, I complied.

That for one whole night, she really was the center of my attention, the center of my world.

That slumber party she will remember. And it is so worth it.

1 comment:

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

What a wonderful gift to your daughter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...