Sunday, March 17, 2013

Everything looks good

I had my yearly with my Ob/Gyn a while back. Everything looks good.

I told him we would probably be TTC before my next yearly, and he said he expected no issues.

Considering the difficulty with my L&D last time, he would recommend a scheduled C-section. He said there was no reason to risk putting my body thru that physically again, and that there was no reason to risk the emotional stress possibly causing issues like high blood pressure, etc. for both me & baby. He did mention that if we were planning to have more, he likely wouldn't recommend a C-section, as repeat C-sections are somewhat more difficult due to scar tissue. But since this would be my first C-section, and probably our last child, he thinks it's the safest way to go.

He advised me to start pre-natal vitamins a month before we stop birth control, and if we're not pregnant within a year, see him for possible infertility.

I asked him about being considered "high risk" because of my age, and he said that considering I am otherwise healthy, the concern isn't so much my health, but birth defects, etc. with the baby, none of which would affect my care during the pregnancy.

So, I guess what I'm saying is we're good to go.

1 comment:

Tamara Camera said...

Whoa! That's a big deal. I just had my second so I'm not there now, or ever, but it still is such an exciting thought that it could happen again..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...