Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I really do like our plan as it is

Sometimes I think the universe, nature, fate, God - somebody wants me to have a baby, like NOW.

Now, yes, I want another baby. But since Jason came to me with his announcement, we have a plan. TTC is still a few months away. I'm good with that. I feel that the plan is what is best for our family.

But these things keep happening, and I can't help but start to feel like maybe we're missing the hint giant flashing billboard.

First, there was the whole IUD-expelling-itself thing. That was big.

Then, there was the whole patch-came-off-unexplicably, thought-I-might-be-pregnant thing.

About a month or so after that, I went to get my next month's supply of patches, and the pharmacy informed me I had no more refills, and would need to see my doctor to get a refill.

Except... I wasn't due for my yearly for another 4 months, insurance won't cover it before then, and why didn't I have more refills?!? My Ob writes the script for 12 months at a time!

Pharmacy said their hands were tied, they couldn't do it.

I called my Ob and confirmed that I should have another 4 months on the prescription. They called it in for me, and we scheduled my yearly, & I picked up my birth control... 2 days after I should have started it.

Three months later... I go to pick up next month's supply of patches, and the pharmacy informs me that the insurance isn't paying anything on it, so I owe $90. They say the insurance company didn't deny it, but it shows as processed with a benefit of $0 (they normally cover over $70). Neither Jason nor I want to pay $90.

So I finally figure out that apparently January 1st my pharmacy benefit changed and now we have to use the on-site pharmacy at work (which is pretty cool). The insurance will only cover "emergency" call-ins to other pharmacies, and for no more than a 30-day supply.
When I called my Ob about the Rx, I gave them the number for the on-site pharmacy, but my old pharmacy which was on file, so the insurance covered it, but only for 30 days. When I realized this (which took me about an hour of digging thru my policy, since I can't find a freakin' phone number to call the insurance company directly), I called the on-site pharmacy and asked them to have the Rx transferred there. With any luck this means we'll only be one day late on starting the next cycle of patches, and chances of getting pregnant will be slim to none.
Assuming I'm right on the "why" that is...

I don't know about you, but I'm just really starting to feel like all these things are lining up to push our plan up a few months. Or as soon as possible.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I really do like our plan as it is.

1 comment:

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Good gracious, maybe you are being tested or something?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...