Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine Cookies

Well, one of my goals for 2013 is to learn to make pretty cookies. You know, something like this:




 
source
  Seriously, I am apparently lacking in the cookie-making department. I don't know why, but it's a struggle for me. I try, especially at Christmas time, to make pretty sugar cookies, but to no avail. And so that is one of my goals for this year.

My first attempt was at Valentine's Day. My goal was simple: ice pretty hearts on cookies. These are some of the better ones -

 

Honestly, about half of them came out with pink blobby-looking circles on them.

But my friends told me they were still yummy, so I guess that's something.

Looks like I need some more practice!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I wish I could make pretty cookies too! I see so many cute things on Pinterest and feel inept, because I can't make things as fancy as the people on Pinterest. Baking is NOT my forte, which is probably a good thing, because I have a wicked sweet tooth. Good luck with your next batch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...