Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spread the Happy



Hello Blog World!

Well, this is my first "spread the happy" post. It's the perfect day for it. A rough preschool dropoff this morning combined with a headache that won't go away means it's the perfect time to focus on the positive.

*********************

I am soooooo happy for my sister. After months of being a SAHM, a situation with which she found her self incontent, she has decided to become self-employed, and is taking the steps to start her own business!

I am so proud of her! She's a very talented artist, but with the busy-ness of life it has been years since she's been able to spend adequate time at the craft she so enjoys, so now... it's time!

I am so excited for her as she starts this new endeavour!

********************

I am so happy that Jena has broken thru some of her shyness and yesterday did both an individual and a group dance during circle time at preschool! Yay!

They do an exercise where each child's name is called and they do a little dance in the circle, and then at the end everyone does it. Until yesterday, Jena had refused to participate in either, and I was 100% positive it was due to her introvert nature.

But yesterday she did it! So proud of her, and so happy that she felt comfortable enough to participate with everyone else, because I know she has fun when she does! Yay!

********************

I am happy that I was able to get our mess of a kitchen clean. It was a disaster, and after way too many hours of working yesterday, it is beautiful. Now, to get all of us to keep it that way!

********************

I am happy to be starting a new adventure of my own. I haven't decided how much to blog about it here, but I've found a way that I'm comfortable with, and confident I will have time to manage, that will bring in some extra income for our family.

It's a totally new avenue for me, and I'm a little really nervous, but I'm also excited. Wish me luck!

********************

I'm happy that the organizational changes I was expecting to hear this past Monday, didn't get announced. I'm expecting a major change to our division in the near future, and I'm not happy about it. It's not bad, just not something I'm looking forward to.

Anyway, I thought it was happening Monday, but... nope. So for now, yay!
********************

I love my new sofa & loveseat! We've had the same worn, stained, falling-apart blue & cream gingham set of living room furniture since I met Jason. His ex-wife got the furniture in the divorce, and one of his friends gave him this set for free since they were getting new ones.

Since mine were also hand-me-downs, and didn't recline (a must for FireMan), we kept his.

The couch didn't survive the move, literally falling apart. The loveseat, besides being worn & stained, had a broken reclining footstool that we'd "fixed" about four times before giving up. And the chair that was supposed to recline, didn't anymore.

And now, they are sitting in our front yard waiting to be actually disposed of gone.

And in their place are a beautiful new sofa & loveseat, brown, microfiber. Beautiful. Brand new. And bought at a steal because of a local furniture store going out of business.

**********************

I also love my new haircut!

Yep, I did it. My hairstylist couldn't believe it when I told her how short to go.

So my hair went from being the longest since I'd been with Jason, to the shortest it's been in... at least 15 years.

I think it's cute, and suits me just fine.

Jason said it makes me look younger. Score!

**********************

Favorite blog posts of the week:
I had initially intended to limit this to one posting, my absolute favorite, but... I can't! Too many of you write too many good things!

So... here are a few of my favorites:

If it bothers you that much...

The Glorified Truth

A post for my daughter, take 2

Suffering for Him

*********************

That's all for today! Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

violajack said...

Yay for happy posts. This made me smile. Today is just an average day here, so i'ts nice to read about all the happy things. I'm inspired to go make some happy around here.

Steph{anie} said...

This post is awesome! I love your happiness :)

By the way, I promise I'll reply to your email soon. I have my schedule up to the end of September, so let's pick a day (or days) to get together! Road Trip!!!

Unknown said...

YEAH - happy post! Love the new banner pic!

Jene said...

Glad you have so many things to be joyful about! Where's the haircut picture??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...