Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Fragments


Well, my abdominal ultrasound came back normal. But I'm still having digestive problems. In fact, I think they're getting worse. So today my doctor referred me to a gastrointerologist. Joy.
*********************************

I know. Like I'm upset that my ultrasound was good? How ungrateful is that, right? It's just that if it were my gallbladder like my family doctor thought, then we'd have the surgery and be done with it.
********************************

Not that I want surgery or anything. I just don't want any more doctor visits or test either. And I'm tired of being "sick". Imagine having a stomach virus for... going on four weeks now? Yeah. Four weeks straight. That is tamed, but not controlled, only with prescription medication. But that you still don't know when it's going to strike. So at least once, usually two or three times a day, you make a run for the bathroom. I'm just over it, you know? Was hoping the ultrasound would show the problem.
*******************************

The writing bug has struck again, and I need to find time to sit down and pound out the 10 or so blog posts I have in my head before I forget them.
********************************

I have an entire weekend ahead (tonight thru Sunday night) of just me and Jena. And I have nothing planned. Which sounds kinda nice, but I always feel like I'm letting her down if I don't have something planned on the weekends.
*******************************

Maybe we'll go to the library again. I took her last week, and we checked out her first library book. I think she's in love! Yay!
*******************************

I think Jason's mad at me. We had a sorta-argument last night. It's a repeat: you know, one we have over & over, because we both think we're right.
*****************************

I had some quiet time yesterday morning. I went out on the deck to feed & water the dogs, and just decided to sit. So I sat on the steps to the deck. And in a miraculous event, the dogs did not respond with the normal jealous push-each-other-out-of-the-way-nearly-knocking-me-over-to-get-my-attention reaction. Buddy came and sat in front of me, so I started petting his head. Tootsie alternately took bites of food and came up calmly behind me to lick my ear / neck / back of head. Flopsy went exploring. It was early morning, the sun was beginning to shine thru the trees, and it was peaceful. I sat for maybe 10 minutes. And was still. It was good.
*****************************

Yo Gabba Gabba is growing on me. And their songs are stuck in my head all. day. long.
***************************
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

What good is life if, full of care,
We have no time to stop and stare?

Unknown said...

I hope your health issues sort out soon. It does sound weird in a way to say you're disappointed to have a test show nothing abnormal, but it's really hard to fight an invisible enemy :(

Cyndy Bush said...

I hope the digestive issues get better soon, that's a miserable feeling.
The library sounds great to me, but I'm a nerd, so....

BlazinMama said...

Hope you feel better soon! I feel the same way when I don't have lots planned for my boy, espically on the weekends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...