Monday, July 11, 2011

Out of the Mouth of My FireGirl

"I have idea. After school, maybe we go to park"And when I suggest we call Daddy and have him meet us there?

"Call Daddy. Tell him 'Drive little gray car faster!'"  (the little gray car being what she calls the car that Daddy usually drives)

************

"I have idea. After school, you pick me up, you take me to waterpark!""Oh, hunny. After school we're going to meet Daddy, and eat dinner, and then go look at some furniture for Mommy & Daddy's bedroom"pause
"I have idea. After school, you pick me up, meet Daddy, eat lunch, look at covers, then go to waterpark!" {{ insert really super-excited face here }}

"Sweetie, by the time I pick you up, and we meet Daddy, and eat dinner, and look at furniture, I don't think we'll have time to go to the waterpark. I'm sorry. But we'll go another day, I promise." 
pause
"Maybe? If have time go to waterpark?" {{ insert different, but still just-as-excited face here }}
pause - I mean, what do you say?"I tell you what. After I pick you up, and we meet Daddy, and eat dinner, and look at furniture, IF there's time, we'll take you to the waterpark. But... hunny... you really need to understand that I really don't think there's gonna be enough time, okay?"
"We meet Daddy, look at covers, go to waterpark." (said very matter-of-factly)

{{ sigh }} She's a very determined little girl.

And isn't it so cute how she translated "bedroom furniture" into "covers" ?? Love it!

*******************

{{ bringing her toy phone into our bedroom }} "I need to call God."

*******************

{sigh} I love that kid!

1 comment:

Steph{anie} said...

She's amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...