Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Fragments




I really want my own laptop. Jason always takes "his" to work, and then when he's home we're busy so I rarely get to use it.

**************

We really need a good, full-length mirror at home.
I saw myself at work around 10am and realized I look rough. It ain't pretty.

***************

I have a good "guess-what-this-is" picture, and I've been thinking of doing a giveaway on my blog (nothing too fancy, I'll be paying for it out of my own pocket), so I'm thinking of combining the two. We'll see.

***************

Two months ago I had all these plans for how I was gonna update my blog appearance. I got very little done. Need. To. Do. It.

**************

I'm really tired of our house not being finished. This renovation is dragging out way too long. It's unsettling to live in a place that's unsettled.

**************

But the good news is that the renovation has been slow-going because Jason got really busy at things that pay money. So... it's a good thing. Just ready for this house to be DONE.

**************

I can't wait to start scheduling our vacation(s) for the year, but am in a circling pattern waiting for some news re: family before we put anything on the calendar.
We love to travel, and I'm getting the itch to get outta here.

**************

FDIC is coming up in a few weeks. We've gone together, just the two of us, every year since we were dating. It's our thing.
But this year a Water Rescue committee is going, and Jason happens to be on that committee, so he's kinda obligated to go with them.
Which either means that I don't go at all, or I go & maybe take Jena and we might be lucky to see Jason for a few minutes during the day.
Can't decide which is a better choice.
But have to decide soon.

**************

Our Corolla is about to hit 200,000 miles, and is starting to have some issues. Nothing major, but we'd rather be proactive than end up stuck when it dies. So we're starting to look at getting a new (or new-to-us) car. The shopping part is exciting, but the idea of adding another car payment isn't.

**************
Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Just a thought about FDIC - you said "he's kinda obligated to go with them"

Talk to him, it's YOUR thing and if he's not obligated, then he should go with you.

Adoption & Fire said...

Just found your blog off of another fire blog. I love that you guys go to FDIC! It's the best conference and expo ever!!

Wendy@ www.adoptionandfire.com

Jene said...

We don't have a full-length mirror, either, and it's a real PITA. We have the old mirror from our bathroom wall that's still leaning against the bedroom wall and I've been making do with that for way too long now.

It took us almost 3 years to finish our bathroom remodel as weekend warriors. I'm impressed that you have such a short timeline on your house projects!

C desperately needs a more practical car, his 2-seater convertible is ridiculously impractical. I just can't stomach the idea of adding another payment.

BlazinMama said...

Wish I would have seen this sooner! We could have planned to take us, your firegirl and my fireboy all together :) My fireboy would have loved it and it's been a few years since I've been.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...