Thursday, September 30, 2010

Why I Listen to Conteporary Christian Music

Because it makes me feel good.

Yes, I started listening to it because I'm a Christian, and I was a little curious. Being raised on hymns & Southern Gospel, the Contemporary Christian genre was actually frowned on in the church I grew up in.

I continued listening to it, because it made me feel good. It's uplifting & encouraging. Always positive. Always happy. Even the more serious songs have happy endings.

Oh, and they tend to talk less than the secular stations. At least the ones in my area. Which I find a big plus.

And so, dear blog readers, Christian or not, if one day you're driving to work and looking for something positive to listen to, a positive way to start your day, I encourage you to at least try a Contemporary Christian station.

In our area they can be found at 93.3 FM (Star), 90.1 (air1), or 102.3 & 104.3 (KLOVE). If you're not in the area or would prefer to listen online, follow the links above for more information on each station.

2 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

KLOVE is my new favorite radio station! Although the gal on the morning show is a little annoying :)

Beth said...

I couldn't live without K Love! It's been my rock and inspiration more times then I can count.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...