Friday, September 24, 2010

Visions of Myself

I have grand visions of myself. Grander than grand. And I'm great at making plans. I'm not always good at following them, but I'm a great planner. I envision myself as so many things, doing so many things, being so many things to so many people. I can see it. Achieving it, however, is often another story.

Here are a few pics that showcase how I envision I could be...





what I could do...




from my fellow bloggers, I see myself...

Running marathons like G Wise

Making beautiful, yummy food like Living Eventfully

Being as awesome as a blogger & photographer as McMama

Being as fashionable & fun as Allison

Being as passionate about music as violajack


But alas! there is just not that much time in a day! No one can do it all, as I've touched on before. And it's good to have plans, aspirations, visions of ourselves in a positive, albeit somewhat unattainable light. And it's so tempting to see ourselves as failures when we don't think we're achieving what we can or should achieve.

And then someone (a dear friend) says (writes) something so simple, yet profound, about their own life (Gracie's Momma), and we're reminded that
all we have to be, is who we already are.

1 comment:

violajack said...

Great post. I feel like I would have to live about 100 lifetimes to do all the things I really want to do and be all the things I'd like to be. As it is, I am who I am, and I do whatever comes my way. It's sad that I can't do all the things I want to do, but that's the great thing about the internet and blogging - I can read about what it's like from other people who are doing the things I'm not able to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...