Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yes, my body has changed

As is the case for a lot of women, my body has changed quite a bit since having FireGirl. And I am still struggling to accept it. And it's not just the weight. Yes, that's part of it. But my shape has changed as well. I have actually been this size before, my last couple of years of college, but my shape is different now. Sometimes I feel like I don't know how to dress myself, because styles that previously would have looked good on me, now look ridiculous. Shopping is definitely a struggle.

But that's neither here nor there.

So, how has my body changed? Here's a brief rundown.

My pants size has gone up one size.
My blouse size has gone up two sizes.
Probably because my bra size has gone from a 38DD to a 42DDD.
And because I have this weird pudge roll on the upper part of my belly.
And the lower part of my belly has this loose skin, that I am pretty sure is only going to get worse when I finally lose the baby weight.

That's the major stuff, in a nutshell.

So, what inspired this post? The breakdown I had in the dressing room yesterday. I was shopping for an outfit for a banquet we're attending at the end of March, and found something I actually thought I looked pretty decent in, except for that pudge roll on the upper part of my belly. I just think it looks so weird. And I had a breakdown, and had that moment that I think all of us mommies have to have once in a while. And sometimes more than once. That moment where we have to come to terms with the fact that our bodies are different. They just are. We carried a freakin' baby inside us for pete's sake! So, I bought the dress. And I've decided that I am gonna rock the parts of my body that rock it, and try to ignore the one or two parts that I'm self-conscious about. Oh, and I bought some killer heels to go with it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I don't have an excuse for my pudgy belly because I'm not a mommy yet. However, I've found that wearing some "foundational undergarments" has helped a lot in boosting my confidence. I found some really great camis at Kohls that come in cute prints, like Zebra and leopard, that make me feel less frumpy. And Spanx are great too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...