Thursday, February 11, 2010

Okay, here's my stresser for the weekend

FireGirl is on her way to Iowa. Without me.

My parents are taking her to visit my sister. They left this morning and will be gone until next Tuesday.

Yes, I agreed to this. And it is causing me a great deal of anxiety & stress.

I cried for over an hour last night, and couldn't bring myself to pack her suitcase. This morning I was okay until it came time to say goodbye. I cried. And cried. And after the goodbyes were over I called FireMan and cried to him.

This. Is. Hard.

The house is a little too quiet.

In case you're wondering, I did it for my sister. She & her family moved to Iowa this past October, and she has been having a really tough time of it. Part of that (in her words) is that she finally has a niece (FireGirl is her only niece or nephew) and then she gets moved far away & can't watch her grow up.
The idea came up around Christmastime. FireMan & I talked about it, and agreed that she could go.

What were we thinking?!?

This. Is. Hard.
This. Is. Hard.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Oh Sweetie... I understand! The first time I left Gracie, just for the weekend, I cried for an hour. And when I had Jack, Grace was not allowed to come to the hospital at all, and I was away from her for about the same length of time. If you didn't cry, there would be something wrong(at least that is what my mom always says). Just try to remember how much joy this visit is going to give your sister. I will be praying for their safe trip and for Firegirl's mommy... it is always hardest on the mommy!
Love ya!
Your lifelong friend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...