Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time to be Honest with Myself

So here goes.

I have gained FIFTY pounds.
There. I said it. It's in writing. It's on the net for all to see. Fifty. That number seems huge. And indeed it is. I'm carrying around the equivalent weight of 10 bags of flour. That's a lot. That's really heavy.

So, I know weight has dominated a few of my posts lately, and that's because it's been dominating my thoughts.

Oh, I didn't gain it all at once. It's not even all baby weight. So how did all that FAT creep onto my body, you ask? Several ways.

#1 - from early 2006 to late 2007 I gradually put on about 20 lbs. Gain five, lose three. Gain five more, lose three more. Etc. Eventually those net gains of two pounds here & there added up to right about 20 lbs altogether.

#2 - when FireMan & I decided to start trying to conceive, I stopped my birth control, and gained 13 lbs in about six weeks.

#3 - I gained 49 lbs throughout my pregnancy. I have since lost 30-35 lbs of it (it fluctuates), but that leaves me with a net gain of about 17 lbs.

Add those up, my friends, and it means I have gained FIFTY pounds in three years.

So what, do you ask, do I plan to do about it? Well, I'll tell you.

I have decided to have a Winter Weight Loss Challenge.

The wintertime is when most people tend to gain the most weight, right? Well, not this year. From Oct 1 thru Mar 31 I will try to lose the 50 lbs. I'm even gonna start another blog so ya'll can track my progress. Or join in the fun.
I'd like to have others join me with their own weight maintenance goals so we can check in with each other, share tips, etc. But even if no one else joins my Winter Weight Loss Challenge, I'll be there. Plugging along.

And if I don't lose the entire 50 lbs? Well, that's okay too. Now, I'm not saying I won't be discouraged. But I know I'll have made the effort, and I will be healthier at the end of it.

So there you have it folks. Can't back out once I publicize it, right? So there it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain my dear. It's Brittany. I lost 80 pounds on Weight Watchers in 2007. My leader left and I stopped going last year. I managed to gain back ALMOST all 80 pounds. Of course, I was terribly off track from February 2008 to September 2008, so some of the weight was gained back then. Since I stopped going to meetings (a year ago), I only managed to gain back 25.2 pounds which is amazing considering all the garbage I was eating. Ack!

Organic Meatbag said...

I wish you lots of luck... I need to take some initiative and lose some weight myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...