Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Musings from Golden Corral

Went to Golden Corral with the in-laws last night. Every time we go, I am amazed by two things.

#1 - the majority of the people eating there appear to to not have much, in the way of financial means
This always surprises me because it is not cheap to eat there. Buffet + drink = $13. We only go because my father-in-law belongs to an organization that once a month allows members & their families to eat there for $5.
It just surprises me that those that appear to need to manage their money the most are spending $13/person to eat out.

#2 - there are a great deal of morbidly obese people that eat at Golden Corral.Of course, there are those who will say this is no surprise, how do you think they got that way? But what I don't understand is why someone who is already suffering from obesity (some of them in carts, no longer able to walk themselves) would continue to add to the problem by piling up plate after plate of food at a buffet. I've watched. Heaping piles of not-very-good-for-you food on plate after heaping plate. I don't get it.

Spin-off of #2 - people insist on piling food onto their plate, like they only get one plate for the whole night.
Several of my in-laws do this as well. Never understood it. It's a buffet. You get more plates. You can go up as often as you like. Why pile it all on top of each other?

1 comment:

Organic Meatbag said...

My same observations...I have also observed lately that I do not like their food and their carpet smells like puke...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...