Monday, September 28, 2009

Rough Night

FireGirl refused to go to bed. On our 3rd try at bedtime, I decided to let her cry it out. Well, let's make that scream it out. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. Screamed so hard she gagged herself on more than one occasion.

Keep in mind this was our 3rd attempt at bedtime.

After 30+ min of screaming, I went in to get her. She was so upset she had worked herself into a sweat. I did my best to calm her down. Changed her diaper. Wiped her face. Lots of kisses. Showed her that I was still here. Woke FireMan up so she could see that Daddy was still here (seeing Daddy was the only smile I got out of her).
Then we went into the living room. I gave her a bottle and held her tight. Ten minutes of TLC from Mommy, and she was out.

I still don't know what the problem was. She usually goes to sleep so well. I mean, she fights in, but rarely more than 10 min. And never this screaming thing. But Mommy fixed it. {sigh}

I was tempted to sleep in the living room with FireGirl on my chest. Especially after FireCat came in and snuggled next to me.
But I knew that if FireGirl woke up in the middle of the night & saw me, we'd be right back where we started. So after 30 min, and being absolutely sure she was out out, I managed to get up & put her in the crib. She never opened her eyes, whimpered for about 30 sec, and that was all she wrote.

So that made for a long night. But you know, as much as I hated the screaming part, the fact that I could make it all better, and did, was 10x better than the screaming part was bad.

Nothing like soothing a baby to sleep to put life in perspective.

{sigh}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...