Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Feeling Domestic

The other day I woke up feeling all domestic and schtuff.

I really wanted to work on house stuff. Clean & laundry, and organize & decorate, and on, and on, and on. I wanted to. I was motivated. I had energy. I was ready to roll.

This is an unusual feeling for me. And I was ready to act on it.

But alas... my paying job was calling.

But I decided I would still do it after I got home, and made the goal of having Jena's bathroom and the dining room completely cleaned before I went to bed, as well as at least three loads of laundry.

In my domestic moment, it all seemed doable.

Do I need to tell you that it didn't happen?

I needed to go grocery shopping after work, so by the time we ate dinner, went to Kroger, then came home, it was after 7:30pm. Put the groceries away, then time for Jena's bath, bedtime routine, etc.

I did manage to tidy up the bathroom a little during Jena's bath, but that's about it.

I was so tired I passed out on the couch while Jena watched television. She woke me up to put her to bed... at 10pm. An hour past her normal 9-ish bedtime.

It took about 30 minutes to both tuck her in, and get her to stay in bed.

I was exhausted.

I checked on the injured chicken in the laundry room. Fed & watered the dogs. Looked around at our mess of a house, and decided sleep is more important.

Watched a show on NetFlix to wind down (if I don't wind my mind down, I don't fall asleep. It's just how I am). Headed to bed a little after 11pm.

So tired. With a headache. And a little disappointed that I didn't get anything done that I'd wanted to.

But the morning starts a new day, so... such is life, I suppose.

Maybe next time I feel that way... I should call in to work. Whaddya think?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Calling into work is a great idea! it seems we never get done all that we planned for the day.

Marianne said...

I sometimes find a list helps me stay motivated and if not that, then I at least feel a little sense of accomplishment for anything crossed off the list.

Diane said...

I'm the world's worst procrastinator when it comes to pretty much anything domestic and I get sidetracked way too easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...