Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Not Just Another Blog Challenge #17 - A Little Known Fact



A little known fact about me, something very few people know, especially in blog world, is...

I used to breed mice.

Yep. Like the furry little rodents.

In high school I took Agricultural Science, and needed a project. Not living on a farm, I was somewhat limited in my choices. So breeding mice it was.

I started with a black & white male named "Mickey", and a brown female named "Minnie".
I bred them for color combinations, and sold the litters to local pet stores.

And then after a few years and being done breeding them, I just kept a few as pets.

And then in college, I decided I wanted one again. So I got another mouse.

Their lifespan is only 3-4 years, and that's if they don't get sick or anything, so you tend to go thru a lot of them over time.

They actually make great pets, although if not handled regularly they can get a little bite-y.

Mickey was so tame I'd let him wander around my bedroom, and he would come when I called him. Most of them I would get out and let them climb on me as I went about my daily business at home, read a book, did homework, watched TV, whatever

Not like all of them at once or anything. Just one or two at a time. As much as I like mice, all of them at once is a little... weird. And hard to manage.

I still have a soft spot for all things mousey, and cringe a little when Tucker does his job in ridding our house of the vermin.

See, I even just cringed a little just calling them "vermin".

So, there ya go. Little known fact about Jodi.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...