Thursday, December 1, 2011

Not Just Another Blog Challenge #15 - The Best Thing About Being a Parent


The best part about being a parent? {{ swoon }} has gotta be the love.

Have you ever been in love? and you think that you could not ever possibly love anyone else nearly as much as you love that person? okay, yeah, like maybe with your husband?

Wrong.

Because then you have a child, and the amazing thing about becoming a parent, is that it multiplies your love. Not only the love you receive, but the love that you give.

And not just to the child, that's the crazy thing.

Yes, the first surprising thing is how much love you feel for this new addition to your family. This is your child, and the love you feel is remarkable. And it grows. You realize one day that you love her even more. Batty, I tell you!

And then, in a most pleasantly unexpected way, somehow becoming a parent with your spouse, results in you loving them more too! And see, you didn't even know that was possible. But it is!

I've also found myself more loving sensitive towards others, especially children. I just want to wrap them all up and take them all home with me. Literally. Like, don't give me any ideas. Because FireMan is far more logical about these heart-ideas of mine and would not be happy if I came home with a zillion kids tomorrow.

But I digress... my point is... it makes me want to do that. Quite frankly, I didn't before. Was I sympathetic? Compassionate? Sure. To the point that I would willingly open my home and my heart? Not a chance. Not really.

Becoming a parent has developed me to become more loving towards others.

So, yes, I think the very best thing about being a parent, as got to be the love. Multiplied and growing. Always. LOVE.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...