Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Soooooo..... blogger / blog follower meetup idea

Prior to our Girls' Day in Indy, I actually had been thinking about seeing if any of my readers would be interested in a get-together of sorts.

I'd seen on other blogs that I follow where they meet up with some of their regular readers, usually while on vacation or what-not.

And I like the idea. As I was telling Steph & Candace on Saturday, there's something about my regular readers, a connection. Especially those that comment, and those that have their own blogs that I then follow.

I suppose it depends on what you blog about, how much you put into your blogs, but as you well know, other than leaving some things out for privacy's sake, I'm pretty open, it's pretty much just me, as me.

And I feel like my readers get me.

More than the people I chat with on message boards, even though I've been on those boards longer. I suppose maybe it's because here my posts are longer, more personal, more expressive of myself than a short quick note on a message board. As are yours.

And in a few cases, it seems like a few of you understand me better than a few people who know me in real life.

So why didn't I ask?

Because in my head, I couldn't think of how to ask without sounding egotistical. All who-wants-to-meet-me-ish.

But in a way I guess that's what it is, right? And... I guess I shouldn't really care if it comes off that way, because what I'm really saying, is that I want to meet you.

So... if you're interested in an in-person get-together, email me at kyfirewife@gmail.com with the following info:

name / blogger name
blog / website (if you have one - not all of my followers do)
your general location (be as specific or general as you feel comfortable)
ideas for what to do (lunch? shopping? what?)

Knowing that, at least as far as I can tell, most of my readers are not from Kentucky, I am not at all opposed to a roadtrip (the voice in my head just went "Roadtrip! Woo hoo!"), so I'll see where most of the interested readers are from and we'll pick a general destination from there, so hopefully the most people will be able to attend.

Whether I get two responses or twenty, we'll see where this leads. Hopefully it leads to meeting at least a couple of you in real life!

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

You know I'm up for a meet-up!

Melissa said...

Sounds like fun, I am so glad you got to meet some great people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...