Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea


**********************************

FireGirl ended up with her first ear infection. She's better now. I'm not.

*********************************

I caught her "cold". Except it's way more than a cold. And now I feel guilty for not just dropping everything last week and staying home and coddling her every day. 'Cause it sucked.

********************************

But we have air conditioning. And air conditioning rocks. Except it got cold again for most of this week.

*******************************

But even when it's cold out popsicles still rock. Especially when you're sick.

********************************

Work's been sucking lately. Which has led to some philosophical thoughts about the "burnout" phenomenon. Which I may blog about. If I can find the time.

*******************************

I've also had some rather deep thoughts about math. Yep, math. I really should write this stuff down.

*******************************

Now I want a popsicle. But I'm at work. And there are definitely no popsicles here.

*****************************

Yes, I usually do my blog at work. I've been told repeatedly that I am a "non-exempt" employee, therefore I must take my full 30 minute lunch, plus two 20-minute breaks (one in the morning, one in the afternoon). I choose to spend mine on the internet.

*****************************

I've been thinking a lot about sharing my post-partum struggles. Even though it's been nearly three years (holy crap! three years?!?). For several reasons, but one of the primary ones being that I don't think things like that are talked about nearly enough. There's a massive gap in education among the general public regarding post-partum issues.

*****************************

One of my friends is coming over tomorrow to teach me how to use a drill. It's something I've wanted to learn for a while. Unfortunately with FireGirl being sick, and then me, I've been exhausted, and our house is in worse shape than usual. Which is bad. So I was tempted to cancel. But I'm not. I'll just be embarrassed, I guess.

***************************
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

What do you do for a job that you HAVE to take breaks?

You're correct, Popsicles do rock. And drills are fun too.

Feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...