Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sex Begins in the Kitchen

This is something my therapist told me last summer (can you believe that was last year?!?), and the phrase comes to mind all the time.

Oh, yeah - we talked about sex too.

At this point, I don't remember exactly how this came up.

But the idea is that, especially for women, sex doesn't begin in the bedroom with the sex act, it starts the minute you wake up.

Okay, almost exclusively for women.

If I remember correctly (and it's been almost a year, and I have a bad memory, so...), she used the phrase "in the kitchen" to mean that for a woman, having her man do the dishes, or make her a meal, is some awesome foreplay.

That showing kindness, helping out, etc. - for a woman, those things are the foreplay. That for most women, it doesn't matter what you do once you get to the bedroom, if you haven't set the mood by your actions throughout the day, then she's probably not going to be in the mood.

And as I type this, I'm beginning to realize that my readers might take this to mean that FireMan is neglectful in this area.

Not really. I mean, sometimes, but what man isn't, right?

It's just a funny phrase, and I wanted to write about it.

Because I think about it all the time.

Like pretty much any time he irritates me, or doesn't empty the trash, or whatever, I'll think "huh - and I thought you wanted to have sex tonight..."

Because obviously if he wanted sex, he'd have emptied the trash, right?

Funny, huh?

So now you can say that about your man too.

Now... go tell him that sex begins in the kitchen. Seriously. Go. Now.

Maybe he'll do the dishes.

3 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

Haha I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

You know, that makes perfect sense. I came home from school to dinner on the table, laundry done, house cleaned and it did make a difference in my mood. He even offered to help me grade papers. Interesting.

Melani said...

hahaha this is a great theory. and I think it is part-true, I mean men and women are sooo very different. Yes, I would love it if he did some of the many thing I do during the day and that might make for some great sex if he did! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...