Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Grocery Store

Brought to you courtesy of:



1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping?
YES. Okay, when I have time. I have an organized list in Excel, separated by categories, with columns to note if the item is on sale and if I have a coupon. The list is a must for big trips, but I will run to the store & pick up a few necessary items without a list, when needed.

2. Do you buy more groceries when you're hungry?
Only if I don't have my list with me.
But, yes. {{ hangs head in shame }}
Also, when I'm hormonal. I buy all kinds of yummy foods that sit in our fridge / cupboard forEVER until one of us finally eats it.

3. Coupons. Use 'em?
Absolutely.

4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store?
No.

5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like WalMart? Or do you shop exclusively at food stores?
I heart Kroger.

6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store?
Little to none

7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it?
99% of the time I return it to the cart corrals, but now that I have Jena, I have been known to leave it at the car if the cart corral was too far away. Which is why as long as the weather's nice I now try to park next to the cart corrals, even if it's a longer walk into the store.

8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you can't live without?
Milk & ice cream.
We go thru almost two gallons of white milk, and the occasional half-gallon of chocolate milk every week.
And Jason is an ice cream fiend, which is apparently contagious. So ice cream is considered a grocery staple in our house.

2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

That's a lot of milk drinking in your household. I'm on a soy kick.
But after pouring it on my cereal tonight...I've changed my mind. YUCK.

Thanks for playing.

Marianne said...

Lindsay & I started the 17 Day Diet, so I spent a lot of time reading labels last week - that was an eye-opener!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...