Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

I hit the top of my head really hard the other day on the corner of our bar top. It hurt really badly. And bled.

*******************

FireMan got in trouble for not showing me enough sympathy when I hit my head. It's not often I hurt myself so badly I cry. In my family I have a reputation for high pain tolerance. So... I was hurt pretty badly. And got zero symapthy and a couple of chuckles from him. I was not happy. He got a pretty irritable wife for the rest of the day. Of course the off & on headache didn't help my irritability either, but still. I wanted sympathy & tenderness. Jerk.

*********************

I've noticed that of the blogs I follow, the ones at the beginning of the alphabet don't update as frequently as those at the end. Interesting...

********************

Have you ever had someone do something, and feel like they did it intentionally to hurt you, and then... you realize that no, they probably just didn't even think of you at all when they did it? that most likely you didn't even cross their mind, not even a little bit?

And somehow, that hurts more?

********************

I like working at an international company. It's kinda neat that the mix of cultures and languages I experience at work isn't even novel to me anymore. But it's still cool.

*********************

Speaking of work, I have a new boss, they just can't decide who it will be yet. Ha! My immediate supervisor is rotating to another group (after less than six months in this position), and the powers-that-be can't decide if I will still report to him (which really makes no sense), report to the assistant manager rotating into his position, or just report directly to my manager.

*********************

I hope this post showed up as planned. I scheduled it, because I'm hanging out with my sister today, who is in town from Iowa. Weeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Melani said...

Sorry about your head! Did you need stitches?

I hate it when my husband doesn't give me enough sympathy even when I am sick, with a cold, which I am now. I still cooked dinner, swept the entire house, we have hard wood floors, and did all the dishes! Can you say spoiled? not to mention I was at the ER this morning from about 2:30 until 7:30 with my 16 yr old who had a raging ear infection and upper respiratory thing going on, can you say TIRED!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...