Monday, October 4, 2010

House is coming along!

The main (FireGirl's) bathroom is all but completed! All that's left is accessories / decorations! Woo hoo!

Let me tell you, having a working shower, working toilet, and working sink in the house... priceless!

I met one of the neighbors on Friday evening, a ten-year-old girl. Kinda sounds like a rough situation, and I felt bad because it really seemed like she didn't want to go back home. Which always worries me. She talked to me for almost an hour, and said if we needed any help she "can work really good". {sigh} I hope my worries turn out to be completely unfounded, but from what we've heard about this neighbor guy (her dad)... I'm worried for her.

We spent most of the weekend getting walls ready for paint, and hopefully the house will be painted by the end of the week.

Also got the fireplace going for the first time. Kept the chill off of us while we were working.

Yesterday we took FireGirl to meet the neighbor that found our dogs when they got loose. The awesome, kind neighbors that found them and brought them home to us. The man & daughter were home, wife was not. Ends up they breed horses, and the woman is quite a renowned trainer & riding coach. Have already offered to let FireGirl ride. So FireMan offered some free heavy equipment (tractor) maintenance / repair. Seems like our dogs getting loose might have been the start of a great neighborly friendship. I hope so.

And... I think that's it for now. All the major stuff anyway. Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...