Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jena told her first real lie yesterday

Uh oh. We're in for it now.

I mean, she's told stories before, and she's a great actress, which I consider play, but yesterday..

She was drinking milk out of her sippy in the car driving to meet my parents at my work. Shortly before arriving she started saying "uh oh" and pointing to her lap.

When we got there, and went to get her out of the car, I asked what was wrong & she pointed to her lap.

Me: Oh, did you spill milk on your skirt?
Jena: Nope
Me: You didn't? But there's milk on your lap
Jena: {looks down}
Me: It's okay. No big deal. Did you spill milk on your skirt?
Jena: Nope
Me (starting to smile): You didn't?
Jena: Nope
Me (trying not to smile too much): But there's milk on your skirt. How did it get there?
Jena: Tess
Me: Tess?
Jena: Yep
Me: Tess spilled the milk on your lap?
Jena: Yep.
Me: Okay.

So, yep. Somehow Tess, who was not even in the car, managed to spill Jena's milk on her lap. I was cracking up. Couldn't help smiling at my little fibber. It was just so funny & cute to see her thinking things thru. She definitely didn't want to fess up to it, and you could practically see the moment when she decided to blame Tess.
But oh... we're in for it now.

And so is Tess. As Jena's pet, I get the feeling she'll end up being Jena's primary scapegoat.

Poor kitty.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOL That's so cute. I remember the first time Bradley blamed Natalie for something even though I watched it happen. He also mocks her sometimes when she's being whinny. Oh what fun! Luckily it's just a phase and she just doesn't want to disappoint you. They are such pleaser's at this age.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...