Monday, March 29, 2010

Why I Volunteer with Animal Groups (as opposed to people groups)

... in a broad sense.

People Groups. LOL. That sounds funny.

I've thought about this a lot over the past few years. In my head, I know that there are many organizations out there that help people in need who could use more volunteers.

And I don't know why.

The only answer I've come up with is that working with animals, for me, is almost like a calling.

It is a passion. It helps my heart. It's part of who I am.

Since I was very little I had a knack with animals. Of all kinds. As a child adults were amazed at my knowledge of the animal world. My family members still call me with pet questions. I get animals. I understand them. People have told me that sometimes it seems like I can talk with them.

So that's it. That's all I've come up with.

Like I said, I know in my head that there are some organizations working with people who need my help, but for whatever reason God has placed animals in my heart. It's just part of who I am.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...