Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh Past, How I Sometimes Loathe Thee

That's the thing about the past. You can't escape it.
You can deal with it. You can move forward with your life, but it's always there.
After all, your past is what has helped to shape you into the awesome person you are today.
And that is a good thing. That should make us thankful for whatever past we have.

But sometimes, I hate the past.

I hate when the past starts butting into the present.
It feels like some sort of breach in the space-time continuum. Something that just shouldn't happen. It's out of order. It creates an overlap that just is not supposed to be there.
Usually bringing with it a basket full of insecurity, reminders of past failures, hints of mistakes long since gone...

Oh, Past, how I sometimes loathe thee!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I sometimes feel like the past is a weight around my ankle and it follows me everywhere I go. It's hard to let go of things that have happened a while ago...I struggle with that too. Wouldn't it be nice if the past just stayed in its place??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...