Monday, November 26, 2012

How to Make a Rainbow Cake

Now, I am not a baker by any means, but making the rainbow cake for my daughter's birthday was way easier than I thought it would be. Seriously. I was pretty nervous about it, but as you can see, it turned out pretty well.


Here's the deal

1. Mix up your white cake batter as usual.

2. Separate the now-mixed batter into six bowls (or however many different colors you want).

3. Using gel food coloring, color the batter in each bowl to the desired colors

4. Pour each bowl of colored batter into the cake pan one at a time, attempting to making even layers of each.

5. Bake as usual.

Interestingly (and this is what I was worried about), the colors don't mix together. I had a bit of a difficult time getting the layers even, but even so I think it turned out great. Perfect as far as I was concerned.

And seriously, ladies & gentlemen, it really is that easy.

I still can't believe it worked. Already planning out what to practice with next in the kitchen. Ha!

As always, thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...