Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jena on Marriage

Who remembers this scene from Friends?



If you don't wanna watch the whole thing, fast forward to time mark 7:45 and watch till the end.

So, the following conversation happened in our house the other night.

Jena: I don't want to get married. Ever.

Me: Okay.

Jena: (clearly upset) But I have to.

Me: No you don't. Plus, you have plenty of time to decide.

Jena: Yes, I do.

Me: No, you don't. You know mommy's friend Miss Lori*? She's not married. Neither is Miss Brandi, or Miss Teri, or the other Miss Lori. They're not!

Jena: They're not?

Me: Nope.

Jena: Why not?

Me: Well... maybe they don't want to be married either. Or maybe they just haven't found the right person yet. All kinds of reasons. They're just not.

Jena: But I have to.

Me: No. You don't. If you grow up, and you really don't want to get married, you don't have to get married. Okay?

Jena: Okay.

Me: But hunny, can I ask you a question?

Jena: Uh huh.

Me: Why don't you want to get married?

Jena: (starting to cry, and said in the most pitiful whiny voice ever) BECAUSE THEN I HAVE TO LIVE WITH A BOOOOOYYY !!!!


*************************

*all names changed to protect privacy

3 comments:

S said...

I feel FireGirl's pain. I'm married, and I still occasionally wish I didn't have to live with a boy, LOL.

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Oh, too funny! I needed a good laugh today.

Steph{anie} said...

Hahahahaha, oh my word, FireGirl is so astute! She's a funny, funny girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...