Saturday, November 24, 2012

5th Anniversary Trip

For our 5th wedding anniversary, Jason & I celebrated by heading down to the Smoky Mountains. Mostly because we found a heck of a deal online. But also because we love the area. It's somewhat fitting as well. We went there on our first ever trip together when we were dating, and back there again for our babymoon when we were pregnant with Jena. And now back for our 5th. It's amazing how time flies...


I saw my very first Elvis impersonator at the American Oldies Theater


Tested my fear of falling by visiting the Sky Bridge



Saw lots & lots of beautiful fall colors


Spent a lovely week with my goofball husband


Sat in hours of traffic trying to get back home


Laughed at typos on signs at major attractions


Walked to the top of Clingman's Dome

 



Where I saw my very first (thru 11th) real-live-elk ever

the guy in red is totally about to get yelled at by the park ranger


Stopped on the way out of the mountains to hike to Soco Falls



Enjoyed every last minute that I got to spend with this man.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photos are fantastic! Looks like you had a great trip! I love the banner photo on the top of your blog, too. I just stopped by from SITS to say hello; hope you find the time to do the same.

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

You look great and it looks like y'all had a really great time. I love how the south is full of these types of places that blend entertainment with nature- such a cool combo.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip. Happy anniversary. Stopping by from SITS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...