Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm blaming sleep deprivation

My emotions have been on a roller coaster lately.

I have about 10 blog posts rolling around in my head that I need to get written down, most of those regarding my mental / emotional health (past & present).

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about my recurring cough, and this year I've been fighting it for going on... seven weeks? After not being able to sleep in my own bed for about a week straight, I finally gave in and saw a doctor.

They couldn't find anything wrong, big surprise, but were concerned by how long this has gone on so... she's referring me to a pulmonologist, and prescribed me some antibiotics & steroids in the meantime.

I can't get in to see the pulmonologist until February, but the receptionist said that even if my coughing had stopped by then, it wouldn't prevent him from doing a workup and me finally getting a diagnosis, so... I'm good with waiting.

And after finishing the meds, I've managed to sleep 2 of the past 7 nights in my own bed. Not consecutively, but still. So, some improvement anyway.

So... the point of all that is... sleep deprivation.

I'm tired. Very tired.

And not always thinking clearly. And emotional. And not as productive as I maybe could be and definitely need to be.

But I'm very tired.

I'm convinced that if I could just get two, maybe even just one, night of really good, completely uninterrupted sleep - the kind where you can sleep until your body wakes up, not until you get woken up - that would really, really help.

Unfortunately I just don't see that happening any time in the near future.

Someone go take a nap for me, 'kay?

4 comments:

Gina said...

That stinks. I would love to get a good night's sleep myself, but Noah is going through some sort of growth spurt/teething hell that is keeping me up all hours of the night!

Amber said...

I hear ya, sista! I blame the children....and hormones....and my ridiculous snoring. I very nearly fell asleep while teaching one of my students. Whoops.

Hope it gets better soon!

Unknown said...

even though my kids are past the baby stage I can still blame them for non-sleeping nights. drinks and bathroom visits, needs for cuddles and bad dreams take up a lot of my precious night-time. It'll get better, someday :)

Brianna Storch said...

Every year, I seem to get a little sickness. Even if it's just the sniffles I seem to get this cough that last for WEEKS. I should probably end up doing the same thing that you are because one year it might get worse!
I hope you feel better soon.

Stopped by from SITS... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...