Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Fragments


Mommy's Idea

**********************************

I've been on a huge writing kick, which is awesome, but I kinda feel like I've neglected keeping ya'll updated on some issues, so let's do it in a Friday Fragments post, 'kay?
*********************************

Jena is now 3 years old, and is finally settling in to her new classroom at preschool. She resists change (like her momma), and still wants me to watch her for a few minutes, and occasionally cries, and always pouts, but drop offs no longer take 30 minutes, nor do they consist of the staff literally ripping my daughter off of my person while she screams bloody murder and sobs about wanting her mommy, so... I consider that as going well.
********************************

I am really impressed with the curriculum in her new class. They teach reading via phonics, and she's already beginning some basic math concepts. Very impressed.
*******************************

Potty training has regressed, and I'm at a loss. After washing way-too-many loads of sheets, comforters, and the like, I finally gave in and bought some Pampers UnderJams for bedtime. Mostly because I was getting too far behind on our regular laundry trying to keep up with the pee laundry so our house wouldn't smell like urine and Jena would have clean bedding to sleep on.

The vast majority of her accidents are at night (every night), with rare accidents during the daytime.

Sometimes I wonder if it has to do with stress from changing rooms at preschool. But then again, since they're mostly at night, I don't know.
********************************

The chickens are growing. Fast! I can't believe how fast those little suckers have grown! They are very tame, and have now moved to their chicken tractor in the garage.

Just by word of mouth we already have people putting in orders for fresh eggs once they start laying, so that's a blessing. Because we just won't eat a dozen a day.

Oh, and one is HUGE. I call her Fatty (endearingly, not insultingly). Much bigger, in every way, and not as social as the rest of the flock. We're starting to wonder if "she" is really a "he". And being new to the chicken business, we don't know how to tell yet. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

BTW - they came sexed with a guarantee of 90% accuracy. Not bad. We can deal with one rooster. As long as it's just the one.
*******************************

Jason & I are still doing well in our marriage
*****************************

We are also taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, and are getting a better handle on our financial situation.
*****************************

We decided to cancel our family trip in December. Mostly due to finances, but some due to other stuff. But mostly money.
*****************************

I'm really enjoying being on this writing kick that I've been on, but I'll try to do a better job of keeping ya'll updated on my life as well. After all, you guys are the best readers a gal could ask for!
***************************

Today is the last day for the giveaway, so don't forget to sign up!

****************************

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I hear such great things about the Ramsey seminars - good luck!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Dave Ramsey helped us so much! I've never been able to stick to a budget or get my hubby too. But when we use the cash in the envelope system it works out great!

I finally gave into pull-ups too. The bedroom was starting to stink, and I couldn't handle two extra loads of laundry a day on top of the four to five that I do on a regular basis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...