Monday, August 1, 2011

My mommy. Her momma. My daughter.

'Cause girls rock. Very belated pics from Mothers' Day.
Mommy
My mom. She rocks. Hates having her picture taken (thus the candid shot). While I admit no one is perfect, she is as close to the embodiement of the righteous woman as I have ever seen.
I have a lot of her in me. But a lot of my dad too. I only hope that over time I grow into as awesome a woman as she is.

Grandma
My Grandma. Also hates having her picture taken. At 90 years old (looks pretty good for 90, doesn't she?) she has a legacy of love in the means of children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren.
I have come to the conclusion that it is her love for God and her love for family that have grown our family into the close-knit community that we are. I have yet to meet the extended family that has as much closeness, and tenderness, and love for one another as we do. And I credit her for this... awesomeness.

Daughter
My daughter. My love. My joy. My legacy. She made me a mom, and being a mom is the most satisfying role in life I have ever had. It is my calling. She fulfills my calling, simply by being.


And yes, that is that darn turtle. Thought I posted about it before, but now I can't find it. She's had him since she was six months old. Sucks on his tail. Last December she was addicted. Drove. Me. Nuts.

I broke her of it by introducing the paci. That's right, I intentionally gave my never-wanted-a-paci kid, a paci. Decided I was either a genius, or crazy.

Ends up, I'm a genius. Totally broke her addiction to the turtle. And she never became addicted to the paci.

Now she only gets him at night for bedtime. Unless she's sick (like two weeks ago). And on days when I know ahead of time she's not getting a nap (like Mothers' Day) we secretly bring him. A surprise visit from Mr. Turtle is sure to calm any meltdown. See pictures above for evidence.

1 comment:

Mrs. L said...

Wow. I adore your family!
Motherhood is sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...