Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Fragments


Mommy's Idea

**********************************

My sister texted me the other day asking what I knew about rabies. She tried to rescue a cat that apparently didn't want to be rescued.

The good news? There hasn't been a confirmed case of rabies in her area in over 15 years.

Animal control caught the cat and allowed it to be quarantined for 10 days in their home.

Except it ends up their pit bull, who had never seen a cat, did not do so well.

Sort of. Long story short, it wasn't safe for the cat. So now the cat is quarantining elsewhere.
*********************************

I've met with my neurosurgeon regarding my back issues. My MRI did show injury & degeneration to L4, but since my symptoms are more of an annoying nuisance right now (as opposed to debilitating), we're going to try an alternative treatment, in the way of an epidural injection, in the hopes of avoiding, or at least postponing, surgery. Fun
********************************

I'd also like to have Lasik eye surgery sometime soon, but with all of the other medical things going on I'm kinda waiting to see.
*******************************

FireMan's business has been doing fairly steady work for nearly a year now. Nothing huge, but slow & steady work. Which is awesome.

He's picked up three new clients just in the past two months and I am super-proud of him!
********************************

I still can't figure out why I can post comments on some Blogger blogs and not others.

Similarly I can't figure out why some of you can post comments on my blog, but others can't.

Yo, Blogger! Fix it already!
*******************************

Last week FireGirl started going to preschool early, in time to eat breakfast there. It's quite a change for both of us, being 90 minutes earlier than her previous drop-off time, but so far, so good. Her meltdowns aren't any worse than normal, so... I guess we're good.

And... what kicked me in the butt to get her there earlier - I found out that on Wednesdays they have dance class right after breakfast. So this whole time she was missing out on dance!

I knew they offered it, and finally asked the teacher because no one ever said anything. On Wednesdays a dance teacher comes in & dance class takes the place of their first physical activity (open gym, playground, etc) time.
*****************************

Speaking of dance class, we're probably going to enroll FireGirl in a dance or tumbling class after her 3rd birthday (which is coming up way too soon!).

Right now we're just thinking we'll start at the local YMCA and see how it goes before paying for a more specialized instructor.
*****************************

I really want to take a trip to Iowa and a trip to California this year, both to visit loved ones. But it's already August, we have a trip planned in October for our anniversary, another family trip planned in December, plus I have to figure out what's going on with me medically, so... I have no idea when I'll be able to go.

Which makes me sad.

Because I really want to go this year. Like... yesterday.
*****************************

My life has been too many peaks & valleys lately. Highs & lows. Joyously goods followed by enourmous frustrations. Incredibly busy wherever-will-I-find-time, followed by same-old-ness.

I don't like this many peaks & valleys together. Stresses me a bit. I'm more of a rolling hills kinda gal, I suppose.
***************************
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

I have NEVER heard anyone EVER say, "I really want to take a trip to Iowa." Hmmmm, maybe you know something no one else knows.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...