Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dear FireMan (re: Valentine's Day)

Friday night, which we designated as our VDay date night, when you didn't have any gift for me, I was slightly disappointed.

Saturday, you were working, so no expectation.

Sunday, which was Valentine's Day, I was pretty disappointed that by the end of the night I still had not received anything.

Today is Monday. February 15th. Our alternate date night since the movie theatres were so crowded on Friday. I will be greatly disappointed if I do not receive anything by the end of tonight.

It does not have to be big. A card. A small stuffed animal. A small box of chocolates. A bouquet of flowers. I don't really care what it is or how much you spend on it. But I will be disappointed if I don't get some small acknowledgement of your love for me by the end of the day.

Oh, and you can't pull the I-didn't-know-we-were-doing-gifts thing, because
a) we've always done them, and
b) I gave you yours on Friday night.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

2 comments:

Candace said...

So... how did it turn out?

Fire Wife said...

I got nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

And yes, he tried playing the I-didn't-know-we-were-doing-gifts-thing. Silly boys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...